CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Short and Fat

I took Alex to the Doctor yesterday for his two month checkup and apparently he's short and fat!!
He weighs 13 pounds and is 22 and a half inches long. Therefore, he is in the 75th percentile for weight and the 30th percentile for height. Anyway, the Doctor came in and asked how much I feed him and I said 4-6 ounces every 2 hours and his eyes about popped out of his head. He laughed and said that I was way overfeeding him. Apparently I feed him too much which makes his belly distended and he gets fussy. The only thing he knows to do when his belly hurts is to eat so he starts giving me the hunger signs and I feed him more, which makes his belly hurt more and makes him want to eat more.........I think you can see where this is going. It seems that most of the problems we have with him stem from overfeeding. *shrug* who knew.

He also got FIVE shots :( It made me want to cry right along with him. My poor baby looks like a pin cushion. He has been sore and cranky all day. I don't blame him one bit. Shots in the leg muscles hurt and he doesn't even have the benefit of understanding why he's in pain like we do. Anyway, I'm off to give him and bath and put him to bed. Hopefully he'll feel better in the morning.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love Alex's facial expression!

Jamie said...

I'm adding you to my blog too :)

Pumpkin Patch